Monday, June 16, 2014

MY FIRST MADRONA SERIES



This first Madrona series is all pieced cotton with the backgrounds dyed by me along with some of the fabrics for the piecing the trunk and limbs. 

BTW, I have limited myself to working with fabric in all 3 series.  

This first series is about the tree and it's bark


 I have composed these  as minimalist & abstract in design. I am proud to say the tree is pieced into the background not appliquéd!  That technique is not for the faint at heart.  Nancy Crow's workshops have given me the tools to piece darn well anything within reason!

MADRONA #7

The backgrounds are thread painted as I responded to the background fabric and added some detail according to how it" spoke" to me.

MADRONA #1
These pieces are 24' x 36" that have been shown in local galleries as well as several mainland galleries.    

No comments: